Let’s start here:
And I’m here to teach you everything I know about Oily Hair.
If you’re struggling with an oily scalp, you might find hair washing to be a daily ritual. Although some experts debate the benefits of daily washing versus training your scalp to produce less oil, it’s important to use a shampoo specifically designed for oily hair whenever you do wash. Such shampoos are typically lighter and contain fewer hydrating ingredients to focus on removing excess grease and product buildup.
After conducting extensive research and testing, we’ve compiled a list of the best shampoos for oily hair. Our testers used these shampoos for six weeks, assessing how well they removed oil, their texture and feel, and how they made the hair appear and feel in general. The formulas that performed the best have made it onto our list.
Consider me your hair guru.
Here are Some Common Fixes For Oily Hair
- Use a clarifying shampoo: It can help remove build-up from your scalp and hair, leaving them clean, refreshed, and oil-free. However, avoid using it too often as it can strip your hair of its natural oils.
- Skip the conditioner: The conditioner can add to the oiliness of your hair, so try to skip it altogether. If you must use it, apply it to the ends only and avoid the roots.
- Dry shampoo: Dry shampoo is an excellent solution to get rid of oily hair without washing it. It absorbs excess oil and adds volume to your hair, making it look fresh, clean, and bouncy.
- Change your hair-washing routine: If you wash your hair every day, you’re likely to strip it of its natural oils and leave it dry, which in turn may stimulate your scalp to produce more oil. Try to wash your hair every other day or every two days instead.
- Lifestyle changes: Diet, exercise, and stress levels can also impact the oiliness of your hair. A healthy diet and lifestyle, regular exercise, and stress-relieving activities can help regulate hormone levels and reduce oil production in your scalp.
Here Are The Most Common Natural Treatments For Treating Oily Hair
- Apple Cider Vinegar: The acidity in apple cider vinegar is ideal for eliminating excess oil from your scalp. Mix it with water and use it as a final rinse after shampooing to leave your hair feeling and looking cleaner and fresher.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic with excellent cleansing properties that can help to remove excess sebum from your scalp. Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with your shampoo, or add it to your regular conditioner to help fight and prevent oily hair.
- Green Tea: Green tea is enriched with antioxidants that can help reduce oil production by the sebaceous glands in your scalp. It’s also rich in panthenol, strengthening hair follicles and promoting healthier hair growth. Brew a fresh cup of green tea and use it as a final rinse after shampooing.
- Coconut Oil: Despite being an oil, coconut oil has been found to help balance sebum production in the scalp while nourishing the hair. Apply it to your hair as a pre-shampoo treatment, leave it on for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse and wash it as usual.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a great natural ingredient that can help control oil production on the scalp while also providing deep hydration and nourishment to the hair. Apply aloe vera gel to your hair before shampooing, and leave it on for at least 15 minutes before rinsing off with water. You can repeat this treatment once a week to keep your oily hair under control.
Our vision is to revolutionize the way people care for their hair.
We understand the frustration and disappointment of having oily hair, and we believe everyone deserves to feel confident and beautiful in their skin. That’s why we’ve curated a collection of the best shampoos for oily hair on the market, designed to cleanse and nourish your Har without stripping away essential oils.
Our Reviews feature Products that are carefully formulated with natural, gentle ingredients on your scalp and hair, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
But we don’t just stop at shampoo. Our team of expert hair care professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve your hair goals, whether that’s managing oily hair, repairing damage, or enhancing your natural texture.
Olivia Davis hails from North Carolina and graduated from a prestigious beauty school in the state.
She has always been passionate about hair care and has studied extensively to deepen her knowledge in the field. She constantly works to expand her education, experimenting with the latest trends and techniques.
Olivia Davis has spent the past 11 years perfecting her craft and honing her passion for hair care.
She always dreamed of creating a space where clients could come to experience luxury pampering, high-end haircare, and expert advice on managing their hair.
Specializing in oily, damaged, and dry hair treatments and styling and washing, she always looks for opportunities to stay inspired and advance her education.
She is a certified Natural Hair Specialist in Bellami Professional K-tip, I-tip, Tape-in, Clip-in, and hand-tied weft extensions.
When she’s not working with clients’ hair, Olivia loves spending time outdoors. On the weekends, you can find her running or at the beach with her husband.
What We Talk About
This category is all about finding and reviewing the best shampoos for oily hair on the market! We will dive deep into what makes a shampoo ideal for removing excess oil from your scalp and the different ingredients and scents to watch out for.
Our reviews will be honest, and we’ll compare and contrast different shampoo brands so that you can decide which one is right for you!
Nobody wants to deal with oily hair daily! In this category, we will provide step-by-step guides and tutorials on caring for and styling oily hair.
We will go over everything from hair-washing tips to styling secrets, so you can always look your best! Whether you’re a hair-care newbie or a seasoned professional, you’ll learn something new and valuable.
If you’ve ever looked at a shampoo bottle and wondered what on earth all of those ingredients are, you’re not alone! In this category, we’ll delve deep into the different benefits, drawbacks, and functions of the most common ingredients found in shampoos for oily hair.
We’ll explain what to look for—and what to avoid—so that you can make the most informed decisions when choosing a shampoo.
Lifestyle and Dietary Tips
You are what you eat, and the same goes for your hair! Our Lifestyle and Dietary tips category will cover the best lifestyle and dietary strategies to help reduce excess oil production in your scalp.
You’ll learn how stress, sleep, diet, and exercise can all impact oily hair—and we’ll give you tips on implementing healthy habits in your life to keep your hair looking its best.
One of the best ways to manage oily hair is to establish a routine that works for you! This category will discuss various haircare routines, from daily wash routines to weekly deep cleansing routines.
We’ll also provide tips on how to customize a routine to your hair type and lifestyle—so that you can enjoy your hair more and less time worrying about it!
Oily hair can be a real bummer, but fear not! Our treatment category is here to help you rejuvenate and nourish your oily hair.
We’ll cover natural remedies such as apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil and more intensive treatments such as deep conditioning and hair masks.
Our comprehensive guides and tutorials will show you how to prepare and apply these treatments, including how often to use them for the best results.
With our advice in hand, you’ll be able to pamper your hair and get it looking its best in no time!
Join us on our mission to transform the hair care industry, one shampoo at a time.
Thank you for visiting BestShampooForOilyhair.net